Tool Assembler Position
Signode, a leading manufacturer and direct marketer of packaging systems and division of ITW, has an exceptional opportunity for a Tool Assembler in Glenview, Illinois.
The Tool Assembler position performs duties to bench assemble a variety of subassemblies and finished products, make operating tests and package products for shipment.
- Assemble, test and package assemblies and finished products.
- Lubricate, align and adjust subassemblies for free working and proper operation.
- Package, add auxiliary components and documents in carton. Seal and label cartons and stack on skid. Record finished goods on daily production sheet.
- Has the ability to build products to the established standard.
- Proactive in identifying and communicating simplification methods and potential cost reductions.
- Perform operating test on finished goods per product checklists.
- Immediately report any tools or machinery which is not operating properly to your team coordinator or manager.
- Assist in the training of less experienced employees.
- Perform multi cell assembly duties and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively.
- Understands and performs the parts ordering process.
- Has the ability to work both independently and with others.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Prevents scrap and rework.
- Customer orientated; works to exceed customer expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.